Now that Starbucks has finally begun to offer WiFi access to iPhone customers, it was only a matter of time before those iPhone customers started to look for a way to make the iPhone access work on laptop computers, such as the MacBook or MacBook Pro (this should also work for PC’s). With a little tweaking and configuration, you’ll be able to “trick” the Starbucks wifi network into thinking that your laptop is actually an iPhone.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Select attwifi from the available networks list.
- Open your web browser, it should redirect you to an AT&T page.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile phone number.
- You will receive a text message from AT&T (the text is free) with a secure link to the AT&T wifi hotspot.
- Type this link into the web browser on your laptop and you’re good to go.
- Enjoy your free wifi.